Healthcare Management Cancer: End-of-Life Issues for the Caregiver Information for caregivers about preparing for a loved one’s end-of-life issues, such as care options, legal documents, and funeral…
9 days ago / 70 People Used See more...
Preventive Services For Healthy Living
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires every health plan to cover preventive services
- This means you don’t need to pay a co-payment or deductible for preventive services
- Coverage for preventive services vary by state, so you should carefully review the …
Just Now / 62 People Used See more...
Choosing A Family Doctor
- Family doctors adhere to the highest standards of health care
- The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) requires that family doctors get re-certified every 7 to 10 years
- Family doctors also are required to complete a minimum of 150 hours of continuing medical education every 3 years.
Just Now / 53 People Used See more...
Ear Health And Care
- To clean your outer ear, simply use water, a gentle soap, and a washcloth
- You can also use a cotton swab to run in the curves of your upper ear—just do not stick them in your ear canal
1 days ago / 45 People Used See more...
Family Doctor Vs. Quick Care Clinic
- A family doctor is your most important health care relationship
- However, there are times a quick-care clinic has its advantages
- Quick-care clinics sometimes are called urgent care or walk-in clinics
- They are commonly located near retail developments
- They are different from emergency rooms
- They do not handle emergencies.
Just Now / 65 People Used See more...
Making Healthy Choices At Fast Food
- So “healthy fast food” sounds like an oxymoron
- But that doesn’t have to be the case
- There are ways to eat at fast food restaurants and still stick to a healthy eating plan
- Here are some things to think about
Just Now / 76 People Used See more...
Accessing Care In Rural Communities
- It’s important for people to access basic health care services
- This includes primary care, dental, mental, emergency, and public health services
- The benefits of these services include: Overall wellbeing (physical, social, emotional)
- Disease prevention and vaccinations
- Health screenings, diagnosis, detection, and treatment
1 days ago / 68 People Used See more...
Understanding Your Teen's Emotional Health
Path to improved health Communicating your love for your child is the single most important thing you can do to help them during their teenage years. Children decide how they feel about themselves in large part by how their parents react to them.
7 days ago / 75 People Used See more...
Health Benefits Of A Good Sex Life
While you are enjoying a healthy sex life, you’ll be reaping these benefits to your health: A boost to your immune system. Having sex frequently (once or twice a week) produces higher levels of immune-fighting antibodies.
5 days ago / 64 People Used See more...
Women's Guide To Preventive Care
- By the time they reach adulthood, it’s important for women to take an active approach to health care
- This means making it a priority to schedule routine screenings and services
- Preventive care includes immunizations, testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and more
- Staying on top of your preventive care is important.
7 days ago / 67 People Used See more...
Mental Health: Keeping Your Emotional Health
- Research shows that emotional health is a skill
- There are steps you can take to improve your emotional health and be happier
- Emotional health allows you to work productively and cope with the stresses of everyday life
- It can help you realize your full potential
- It helps you work with other people and contribute to
9 days ago / 80 People Used See more...
Healthy Habits At 60 And Beyond
Healthy habits beyond the age of 60 can improve your health, your outlook, and your quality of life. Tap here learn about diet and exercise plans.
1 days ago / 73 People Used See more...
Mind/Body Connection: How Emotions Affect Health
- There are ways that you can improve your emotional health
- First, try to recognize your emotions and understand why you are having them
- Sorting out the causes of sadness, stress, and anxiety in your life can help you manage your emotional health
- Following are some other helpful tips.
2 days ago / 95 People Used See more...
Importance Of Sexual Health
- Sexual health is a big part of life
- It can affect and is affected by other aspects of health
- This includes physical, mental, emotional, and social health
- Being in good sexual health means you are well informed, careful, and respectful to yourself and others
- It also means enjoying yourself sexually in a way you are comfortable with.
3 days ago / 67 People Used See more...
Caregiver Health And Wellness
- A caregiver is someone who gives basic care to a person who has a chronicmedical condition
- Some examples of chronic conditions are cancer, effects of stroke, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and other forms of dementia
- A chronic condition is an illness that lasts for a long time or doesn’t go away.
5 days ago / 70 People Used See more...
Do I Need An Interpreter
- If you are DHH, your doctor or health care provider must provide a way to communicate with you
- According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), health care providers have a duty to furnish auxiliary aids and services to ensure effective communication with people who have disabilities
- This does not mean they must hire a person to interpret.
Just Now / 66 People Used See more...
- What do I need to know about Vaccines? COVID-19 Vaccine: Health care workers and long-term-care residents will receive the vaccine first
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine for emergency use in the United States.
4 days ago / 51 People Used See more...
Working With Your Doctor
Creating a personal health journal is a good way to track your health over the years and work with your… Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing: Tips for Working With Your Doctor If you are deaf or hard of hearing, bring an interpreter with you whenever you see a doctor.
4 days ago / 112 People Used See more...
Medical Errors: Tips To Help Prevent Them
- Take charge of your health care
- Speak up if you have questions or concerns
- You have a right to question anyone who is involved with your care
- Make sure that someone, such as your primary doctor, is in charge of your care
- This is especially important if you have several, ongoing health problems
- Ask a family member or friend to support your health.
6 days ago / 85 People Used See more...
Adolescents And Young Adults
The AAFP says, “Health is a state of physical, mental, and social well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” Health is the key to living a productive and satisfying life. Developing healthy habits when you are an adolescent or young adult may decrease your chance of getting sick or hurt.
5 days ago / 115 People Used See more...
- Infants and Toddlers; Kids and Teens; Pregnancy and Childbirth; Women; Men; Seniors; Your Health Resources
- Insurance & Bills; Self Care; Working With Your Doctor; Doctors’ Notes; Drugs, Procedures & Devices
- Over-the-counter Products; Procedures & Devices; Prescription Medicines; Health Tools
- Dictionary; Symptom Checker; BMI Calculator
5 days ago / 106 People Used See more...
Natural Remedies And Supplements Familydoctor.org
Herbal health products and supplements have become a billion-dollar industry. An herb, or botanical, is a plant or part of a plant that people use to try to stay healthy, or to treat health …
4 days ago / 86 People Used See more...
Mental Health Myths: Stop The Stigma
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise, and get plenty of sleep
- These basic self-care methods can go a long way in how you feel about yourself and how you function
- The stigma that surrounds mental illness prevents people from getting the help and support they need.
7 days ago / 80 People Used See more...
Symptom Checker: Genital Problems In Women
Vaginal irritation and discharge are common problems for women. Find a possible diagnosis by answering simple questions using our trusted Symptom Checker.
6 days ago / 80 People Used See more...
Down Syndrome In Adults: Staying Healthy
Adults with Down syndrome should see their doctors regularly for preventive health care. They may be at greater risk for some health problems.
5 days ago / 90 People Used See more...
Healthy Food Choices
- It can be difficult to navigate your way through the maze of food choices available today
- Sometimes even the food that seems healthy is loaded with extra calories
- Learn how to choose healthy snacks, plan healthy meals, and make healthy eating a part of your life.
9 days ago / 115 People Used See more...
Resources For Affordable Prescription
- Medicine can be a very expensive part of your health care treatment
- Your doctor may prescribe a medicine you can’t afford to pay for
- Sometimes there is a generic option, or a different, less expensive alternative
2 days ago / 99 People Used See more...
Doc, Do I Have The “Stomach Flu”
Shilpa Mehta, MD, FAAFP, is a family physician with OSF HealthCare in Bloomington, Illinois. She also volunteers as an associate professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Southern Illinois University (SIU) School of Medicine, Springfield.
1 days ago / 79 People Used See more...
Health Education April Health Update
Family Health COVID-19 Vaccine The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Pfizer-BioNTech’s coronavirus vaccine for emergency use in the United States.
1 days ago / 160 People Used See more...
Please leave your comments here:
FAQ familydoctor.org health
What is healthy really means?
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. These nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals. Nutrition is important for everyone. When combined with being physically active...
How do you stay healthy?
In order to stay healthy, you need to live an active and aware lifestyle. This means getting at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, eating a well balanced diet, and try and reduce stress in your lifestyle. Becoming more active will help with stress levels and eating a well balanced diet will help keep you healthy.
Is your healthy food really healthy?
Is Your Healthy Food Really Healthy? Give your salad a second look. While salads are a great way to get in your daily vegetables, it's surprisingly simple to... Avoid artificial sweeteners. While reducing the amount of sugar in your diet is always a positive move, artificial... Be picky about popcorn. Popcorn can be a great low-calorie snack when you make it at home. More ...
Is being too healthy unhealthy?
Yep, being too healthy can actually be unhealthy . Orthorexia is an obsession with eating a "pure" diet, which can mean avoiding foods with unhealthy fats, added sugar or salt, genetic modifications, artificial colors, or flavors and preservatives.
› Follow My Health Siu Medicine
› Florida Life And Health Exam
› Fair Health Cost Calculator
› Facility Design In Health Care
› Farmers Insurance Photo Estimating App
› Free Behavioral Health Certification Online
› Fort Lauderdale Health Dept
› Fun Healthy Snacks For Toddlers
› Future Of Digital Health
› Fl Dept Of Health Hernando
› Fulton County Ga Public Health
› First Health Member Services
› Firefighter Insurance Company
› Fayette County Lexington Ky Health Department