Improve Your Health By Becoming An Informed Consumer
- Finally, remember there is no single cure for good health
- It’s about a combination of things—but mainly the decisions you make every day that determine your lifestyle
- For most, a healthy diet and some exercise is beneficial to combat disease and limit the need for supplementation and other healthcare …
4 days ago / 95 People Used See more...
What’s Really Making Us Fat
There have been various attempts in the health care and health promotional community to stop this rising tide of disease, but they’ve not succeeded. Being obese or overweight has also led to record numbers of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, arthritis, and …
8 days ago / 70 People Used See more...
Calcium And Vitamin D Controversy
In all the years that I have spent in the field of nutritional medicine and health care, there has never been such a controversial subject as calcium and vitamin D, the power combo for overall good health.. Not only is the subject considered controversial, but it has also been contradictory.Some of the research has shown calcium and vitamin D—often sold together in supplement form for
7 days ago / 80 People Used See more...
4 Hidden Secrets Of Processed Food
Indeed, this prospect has been put forward by many health experts, academics and health scientists for the last several decades. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), if the current situation continues unabated, by 2050, one in three American adults will have type 2 diabetes.
5 days ago / 79 People Used See more...
10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Drinking Fenugreek Tea
- Diabetes is an epidemic threatening to overwhelm patients and health care providers all over the world
- Fenugreek tea may help deal with this malaise by lowering blood sugar
- According to a 2017 study, published in the journal AYU , its consumption leads to a reduction in blood glucose levels.
6 days ago / 61 People Used See more...
Is White Vinegar Good For Your Health
- Benefits of White Vinegar for Health
- White vinegar is helpful in numerous ways in addition to just keeping the blood sugar level in check
- Let’s find out more about how it can improve our health
- It contains nutrients and no fat which is good for overall health
- It has mineral salts, vitamin B-1, and riboflavin.
Just Now / 106 People Used See more...
How To Drink Apple Cider Vinegar For Better Health
- Here, we take a look at various health benefits of ACV and how to drink apple cider vinegar, a drink that scores well on the health aspect
- How to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar to Lose Weight
- A number of studies have been conducted to find out the health benefits of having ACV
- Acetic acid, which is the main ingredient of ACV, helps normalize
5 days ago / 82 People Used See more...
Fast Food Should Be Banned: Know The Five Reasons
- Omega-3s are essential fatty acids that are beneficial for brain health
- A fast food-oriented diet lacks these nutrients, one of the reasons fast foods are foods to avoid
- Magnesium, tryptophan, and low glycemic foods are all essential for proper cognitive function
- B vitamins such as folic acid (B9) will help prevent mental issues like
8 days ago / 86 People Used See more...
What's Inside Grapes Could Lower Blood Pressure
Although the dosage can greatly vary, I recommend taking 400 mg of resveratrol once per day and then gradually increase the dosage to three times per day with food if you have high blood pressure or any risk factors for heart disease, diabetes, or stoke. Check with your health care …
8 days ago / 97 People Used See more...
Acid Reflux Symptoms Triggered By These Foods
- Other than the myriad of drugs available for this condition which your health care provider or pharmacist can offer, there is another alternative you may want to consider
- The remedy is cheap and available in most health food stores
- It is called DGL, or deglycyrrhizinated licorice.
2 days ago / 82 People Used See more...
3 Mineral Deficiencies You Want To Avoid
- Be cautionary when using supplements and only use them under the advisement of your health care provider
- Excessive levels of iron may lead to heart disease, especially among men and older women
- Food Sources: There are two types of iron: heme iron (which comes from animal sources) and non-heme iron (from plant sources).
2 days ago / 93 People Used See more...
Many People Believe Eating Carrots Will Improve Your Vision
Here’s some more food for thought: according to the National Center for Health Statistics, most Americans get their recommended daily intake of vitamin A (about 3,000 international units, or IU, for men and 2,300 IU for women) from carotenoids, which give plants and animals their color and contain vitamin A. (Beta-carotene is a form of
8 days ago / 100 People Used See more...
It’s Time For A Food Revolution
- already spends 20% of its GDP on health care alone, thanks to the skyrocketing rates of illness and disease
- And yet we claim we don’t have a cure to treat the rise of allergies, diabetes, obesity, and cancer
- Is there a way to reduce illness, live longer, enjoy …
2 days ago / 85 People Used See more...
The Fat That's Ruining Your Body From The Inside
Combating this grave health condition could mean saving millions of dollars in health care costs, never mind improving the lives of those who find themselves carrying around too many extra pounds. It’s well known evidence now that obesity is a risk factor for diabetes, …
2 days ago / 86 People Used See more...
Preventing A Stroke
- While stroke is a serious and potentially deadly health affliction, knowing this vital information makes prevention much easier
- Martin O’Donnell of McMaster University assessed the data of 24,000 people from 30 countries and compared their risk factors of stroke over a four-year period.
1 days ago / 116 People Used See more...
Processed Food Dangers
- As a professional health care provider, I am fascinated with how people make their food choices and what motivates them to do so
- And how I can help by getting the right information out there
- I have also come to understand just how important decision-making is in the development of diseases like obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
8 days ago / 114 People Used See more...
8 Apple Cider Vinegar Substitutes For Better Health
- The health goodness of apple cider vinegar is no secret to the world, and its uses include cooking and medicinal purposes
- Now, raw apple cider vinegar is undistilled, and its murky appearance may seem unappetizing to some of us
- Therefore, many people often look for apple cider vinegar substitutes.
4 days ago / 91 People Used See more...
Why Your Blood Pressure Is Higher In The Mornings
- Last week, a reader asked if your blood pressure is higher in the morning
- Let me help clarify what affects your blood pressure reading
- Your blood pressure responds to many different stimuli including temperature, time of day, stress hormones, your diet, and your level of physical exertion.
4 days ago / 132 People Used See more...
4 Foods That Can Help Fight Allergies This Spring
All types of Allergies cost the American health care system about $14.5 billion a year. Although that number includes the cost of caring for people with food allergies too, considering the amount of people with seasonal allergies, then you can just imagine that seasonal allergies also play a …
8 days ago / 97 People Used See more...
Kate Beckinsale Shares Her Secret Diet And Workout Routine
Kate Beckinsale revealed how working out can work as an antidepressant. She told the magazine, “I start out absolutely dreading it, do an incredibly punishing workout, bitch about it the whole time, and end up feeling 100 percent better when I leave,” she added, “Working out is basically nature’s antidepressant.”
2 days ago / 122 People Used See more...
The Health Benefits Of Nuts
The weaknesses are that this is an observational study and cannot prove cause and effect relationships and the sample participants were all in the health care field so they represented a certain demographic of the population and so the results may not be generalizable.
8 days ago / 99 People Used See more...
Food Is Engineered To Make You Addicted To It
- I’ve written about food addiction a lot because it’s a very significant health issue
- During my time as a health care provider, I have had the chance to interview and manage many people who are addicted to food and exhibit abnormal eating behaviors
- Most of these eating behaviors are based on binge eating attributed to food addiction.
1 days ago / 93 People Used See more...
Why High Blood Pressure Isn't Natural And CAN Be Stopped!
- For many years, people claimed a low-fat, high-carbohydrate diet was the best way to eat
- Then came the low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet and later, the high-protein diet
- These diets all purported to solve the obesity epidemic, lower high blood pressure, and decrease the risk of heart disease.
7 days ago / 120 People Used See more...
Your Dietary Supplements Could Be Tainted With Hidden Drugs
Dietary Supplements: Millions of Americans take them every day! As part of National Consumer Protection Week, Attorney General Loretta Lynch has spoken out in a video warning people about dietary supplements. Many people take supplements each day, believing that they are bettering their health, protecting themselves from disease, or even curing existing afflictions.
7 days ago / 121 People Used See more...
Heart Disease And Diet – Part 1
- However, there are other healthcare providers who have a different approach to managing one of the most common reasons why people die early in the United States
- There is a better way and it is often overlooked
- What if I was to tell you that this way involved a special diet to control your blood pressure, levels of blood fats and decrease your
9 days ago / 104 People Used See more...
Essential Oils 101: Why They’re Making A Comeback
- Many essential oils can be safely ingested: dropped into water, put into a capsule, or added to a recipe (therapeutic-grade only, as lesser quality oils are not safe for ingesting)
- Always check the label or with a health care professional first to ensure an oil is meant to be used internally.
9 days ago / 115 People Used See more...
Star Trek: The Original Series Captain William Shatner
- William Shatner, the Canadian whose star shone bright in the U.S
- with the Star Trek franchise, is all set to rock the stage once again! Shatner will be at the St
- Joseph’s Tribute Dinner next month in London, Ontario, on Oct
- The Montreal native will perform his remarkably successful one-man Broadway show Shatner’s World: We Just Live In It at the annual fundraising event in support
8 days ago / 155 People Used See more...
We Harm Others When We Harm Ourselves: The Soda Ban Didn’t
- The numbers don’t lie: five years ago, the medical cost of obesity—doctors’ visits, diagnostic treatments, surgeries, and more—cost the U.S
- health care system $147.0 billion
- And worldwide obesity is growing at unprecedented rates; it’s become the fifth leading risk for death around the world.
2 days ago / 140 People Used See more...
Coconut Oil: Myth Vs. Fact
When it comes to your health, being able to know the difference between myth and fact is a constant battle. If something ultra-trendy comes along (like coconut oil), take all the information you read with a grain of salt and investigate the facts on your own, preferably with the help of your health care provider.
Just Now / 109 People Used See more...
Eating Nuts Can Lower Pancreatic Cancer Risk
Nuts have been shown to have numerous health benefits as they contain copper, fiber, folic acid, magnesium, monounsaturated fat, protein, vitamin E, and are rich in antioxidant phytochemicals. In recent years, they’ve been shown to help reduce the risk of heart attacks by more than 10%.
7 days ago / 117 People Used See more...
Bad Moms Star Mila Kunis Growing Baby Bump, Ashton Kutcher
- Include simple workouts to lower back pain like walking
- Abs workouts are very beneficial during pregnancy, and swimming, yoga, and weightlifting can also be done under the guidance of a trainer
- But pregnant women should always consult an obstetrician or other health care professional before starting or continuing an exercise regimen.
2 days ago / 183 People Used See more...
Type 2 Diabetes: Growing Concern
- Diabetes is on the public health radar, with good reason
- A chronic disease, diabetes has two different forms: Type 1 is the juvenile form of the disease caused by the destruction of the beta cells in the pancreas following an autoimmune reaction
- This only proves to solidify what healthcare specialists have long suspected: Diabetes and
Just Now / 122 People Used See more...
Why Nutritionists Should Be Considered Doctors
- The title really doesn’t matter
- What does matter is the health and wellness of the public
- It’s about getting everyone in the world at their optimal best in all facets of health and wellness, not just body, but mind, heart, and soul.
4 days ago / 117 People Used See more...
5 Signs You’re Lactose Intolerant
In fact, according to a USA Today report, about 60% of people in the world cannot digest lactose—the main sugar found in milk—after infancy.
4 days ago / 108 People Used See more...
Russell Simmons Talks Vegan, Plant Based Diets
- Russell Simmons, co-founder of Def Jam Recordings and a notoriously “Happy Vegan”, recently shared a snap on Instagram of a deliciously healthy vegan burger while promoting the virtues of veganism and plant-based diets: “unclerushPlant based lunch
- No collesterol (sp) just protein I would add chili to my cheeseburgers
- -#GoVegan #HappyVegan The happy vegan learn how […]
8 days ago / 123 People Used See more...
A Healthy Diet For Prostate Cancer Survivors
- The healthcare system and researchers have really improved one’s prognosis
- By putting research into practice, many guidelines have been created to help prevent cancer or its recurrence
- I’m sure many people have heard about anti-cancer diets and have adopted …
7 days ago / 123 People Used See more...
The Weird Food That Can Diagnose Alzheimer’s
Recently, I wrote about how peanut butter could help young women reduce the risk of developing benign breast disease later in life. Well, it turns out that peanut butter has another medical trick up its sleeve: it may play an essential role in detecting early signs of Alzheimer’s disease.
5 days ago / 122 People Used See more...
The Health Benefits Of Using CBD Oil In Food
But is there any health benefit to all of this, or is using CBD oil in food just the latest hyped-up health remedy? What Is CBD Oil? Billed as an excellent way to manage anxiety, ease pain, treat epilepsy symptoms, and more, CBD oil is an extract taken largely from hemp plantsand seeds, although some does come from marijuana (both are members
3 days ago / 111 People Used See more...
Better Milk Alternatives To Cow's Milk
Goat’s milk contains 327.7 mg of calcium per cup compared to about 300 mg for cow’s milk. The calcium in goat’s milk can benefit your bone health because the calcium can be completely absorbed due to the phosphorus-calcium ratio balance and the smaller lactose molecules.
6 days ago / 105 People Used See more...
Paul Ryan: Exercise And Embrace Heart Healthy Diet—No
- Review your goals with your healthcare professional
- Remember—adopting a heart-healthy diet is imperative toward reducing illness and death from stroke and heart attack
- Sources Used in Today’s Article:
7 days ago / 147 People Used See more...
Clif Bar Issues Recall Due To Possible Listeria Contamination
Clif Bar & Company is recalling three of its bars due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination: CLIF Sierra Trail Mix energy bars; Best by dates range from June 5, 2016 to March 24, 2017 CLIF Nuts & Seeds energy bars; Best by dates range from June 8, 2016 to January 21, 2017 CLIF Mojo Mountain […]
4 days ago / 145 People Used See more...
This Diet Cuts Your Diabetes Risk In Half: Study
- There are many different types of diets out there, but I’ve consistently ranked the Mediterranean diet as the best
- A new study has found yet another example why I consistently place this diet at the top of my health and anti-aging list
- The study, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine,
9 days ago / 131 People Used See more...
Watch Out For These Weird And Rare Food Allergies!
Latex allergies are very rare as they only affect less than one percent of the general public, although they affect up to 20% of healthcare workers and up to 70% of people suffering from spina bifida, a congenital disorder resulting from a birth defect. Although latex allergies …
1 days ago / 134 People Used See more...
New Research Sheds Light On Breastfeeding Benefits
- Breastfeeding has numerous established benefits for young children, and as more research is done in the 21 st century, even greater benefits are being found.
- Now, a new correspondence published in The Lancet is shedding light on the benefits breastfeeding can have for the most vulnerable and at-risk infants.
- It is already known that breastmilk has many advantages for infants.
Breast Cancer Health
8 days ago / 132 People Used See more...
ConAgra Foods Recalls Beef Products
ConAgra Foods, dubbed one of North America’s leading packaged food companies, is recalling over 84,000 pounds of frozen beef products because they may contain anchovies (an allergen not declared on the label) and were unintentionally formulated with Worcestershire sauce.
5 days ago / 150 People Used See more...
Victoria Beckham, David Beckham’s Wife, Shares Beauty And
- Victoria Beckham first rose to prominence with the all-female pop group called Spice Girls and was dubbed as Posh Spice
- The 42-year-old now keeps herself busy as charity ambassador, fashion designer with her own fashion label, mother of four, and the wife of the famous former soccer player, David Beckham
- What are her fitness secrets and recipes for beautiful skin?
6 days ago / 182 People Used See more...
Please leave your comments here:
FAQ foodsforbetterhealth.com health
What is healthy really means?
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. These nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals. Nutrition is important for everyone. When combined with being physically active...
How do you stay healthy?
In order to stay healthy, you need to live an active and aware lifestyle. This means getting at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, eating a well balanced diet, and try and reduce stress in your lifestyle. Becoming more active will help with stress levels and eating a well balanced diet will help keep you healthy.
Is your healthy food really healthy?
Is Your Healthy Food Really Healthy? Give your salad a second look. While salads are a great way to get in your daily vegetables, it's surprisingly simple to... Avoid artificial sweeteners. While reducing the amount of sugar in your diet is always a positive move, artificial... Be picky about popcorn. Popcorn can be a great low-calorie snack when you make it at home. More ...
Is being too healthy unhealthy?
Yep, being too healthy can actually be unhealthy . Orthorexia is an obsession with eating a "pure" diet, which can mean avoiding foods with unhealthy fats, added sugar or salt, genetic modifications, artificial colors, or flavors and preservatives.
› Follow My Health Email Support
› Financial Assistance With Car Insurance
› Family Health Center Lakeland Fl
› Florida State University Health Center
› First Health Urgent Care Pinehurst
› Farmers Insurance Provider Portal
› Free Health Webinars Today
› First Choice Community Health Centers
› Fiu Health Portal
› Florida Blue My Health Link
› Free Texas Insurance Practice Exams
› Family Healthcare Network Goshen Ca
› Freelancers Union Health Insurance
› Family Health Center Elgin Texas