Healthcare Practitioner Careers: Salary Information & Job
- Basic Career Information Job Responsibilities
- Each healthcare practitioner has specific duties related to their particular field
- Basic duties may include conducting physical exams, taking histories, making diagnoses, interpreting and ordering lab tests, patient education, dealing with emergencies, recommending treatment, treating the patient, writing prescriptions and documenting treatment.
8 days ago / 79 People Used See more...
Health Care Administration Degrees: Bachelor, Associate
The curriculum ranges from basic health information to healthcare law and on to different healthcare management topics. Most courses taken in an associate's degree program are transferable to a bachelor's degree program; however, many programs require …
7 days ago / 79 People Used See more...
Free Online Health Policy Courses From Top Universities
- Master of Science in Health Administration
- Master of Science in Health Administration with an Emphasis in Health Care Quality and Patient Safety.
4 days ago / 97 People Used See more...
Health Care Coordinator Careers: Salary Info & Job Description
Occupations that produce health care coordinators tend to be growing faster than average, but salary likely depends on your education or degree. For example, according to the BLS, the median wage for registered nurses was about $66,640 in May 2014, and employment was expected to …
4 days ago / 78 People Used See more...
Becoming A Healthcare Attorney: Job Description & Salary Info
- Medical and health services managers run healthcare facilities and their constituent parts
- They oversee finances, staffing, regulatory compliance and other administrative functions
- A bachelor's degree in health administration is the minimum requirement, but many in the field hold master's degrees in health fields or business administration.
7 days ago / 102 People Used See more...
Holistic Health Practitioner Careers: Salary Info & Job
- Holistic Health Practitioner Careers: Pros and Cons
- Holistic Health Practitioners perform a specialized type of health care to treat the whole person (rather than a specific condition or disease)
- Holistic health is typically defined as including the body, mind and spirit
3 days ago / 109 People Used See more...
Health Technician Careers: Job Descriptions & Salary Info
- Health information technicians manage medical records and information in healthcare facilities and physicians' offices
- Medical laboratory technicians collect, test and analyze samples for medical facilities
- Psychiatric technicians provide therapeutic care to patients with …
5 days ago / 102 People Used See more...
Geriatric Health Degrees: Master's, PhD & Online Course Info
As a student in a geriatric health graduate degree program, you study the theories and practical applications of healthcare management for elderly populations. A variety of graduate programs exist in this field, including health administration and practitioner master's degrees and gerontology-focused doctoral (PhD) programs.
3 days ago / 81 People Used See more...
Becoming A General Health Practitioner: Job Description
- PROS of Becoming a General Health Practitioner
- High earning potential (average salary of about $186,000 as of 2014)*
- Faster than average job growth (18% from 2012-2022)*
- Satisfaction from making a positive difference in peoples' lives**
1 days ago / 90 People Used See more...
International Health Degrees: Master's, PhD & Online
- Health care facilities typically use software for classification and coding, as well as electronic health record systems
- in International Health Doctoral programs with a concentration in international or global health offer more advanced courses about international health …
7 days ago / 87 People Used See more...
Health & Wellness Careers: Job Description & Salary Info
- Health educators are in charge of educating groups and individuals on health and wellness topics
- They work in a variety of settings, like colleges, health care facilities, nonprofit organizations, private companies and public health departments.
Just Now / 101 People Used See more...
Becoming An Animal Health Technician: Salary Info & Job
Good benefits (perks such as paid vacation, health insurance, retirement packages, paid leave and paid holidays are typical)** Cons of a Career as an Animal Health Technician Relatively low pay (veterinary technicians and technologists made about $13,000 less on average than their counterparts in human healthcare)*
3 days ago / 115 People Used See more...
Health Science Careers: Job Descriptions & Salary Info
In Ohio, a health educator was needed to develop materials, identify issues, evaluate program effectiveness and work with other employees at a healthcare facility. A Salt Lake City hospital system sought a health educator to produce outreach programs, keep patients and the public informed about relevant developments and recruit volunteers.
Just Now / 103 People Used See more...
Animal Health Degrees: Master's, PhD & Online Course Info
Animal health graduate studies can lead to careers in public health, agribusiness, pharmaceutical research and animal management. The master's program can prepare you to continue your studies at the PhD level or pursue a career in private and public sectors, while the PhD program is meant for people who want to find a career in academia.
1 days ago / 105 People Used See more...
Health Care Scientist Careers: Salary Information & Job
- Health care scientists work in labs, study diseases, perform drug tests, analyze results and adhere to safe scientific practices
- Each work place has different responsibilities and research opportunities
- For example, scientists who work at universities determine an ideal research project and request grants from various medical organizations
2 days ago / 87 People Used See more...
Healthcare Law Degrees: Doctorate, Master's & Online Class
- The healthcare law doctorate degree program is meant for those interested in research or teaching
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projected that medical and health services managers could see a rapid 22% increase in job opportunities from 2010-2020, while lawyers were expected to experience an average 10% increase in employment.
7 days ago / 113 People Used See more...
Becoming A Health Inspector: Job Description & Salary Info
- Health inspectors observe and analyze work environments to make sure they align with safety and health regulations
- Keep reading to learn more about the pros and cons of becoming a health inspector and decide if it's a good career choice for you
- Pros of Becoming a Health Inspector
- High average salary ($70,000 annually)*.
4 days ago / 111 People Used See more...
Healthcare Careers: Job Description & Salary Information
- Healthcare careers typically offer excellent job benefits like medical insurance, paid holidays and retirement plans
- There are a wide variety of occupations in the healthcare field, including paramedic, dental hygienist and surgical technologist.
2 days ago / 110 People Used See more...
Becoming A Healthcare IT Specialist: Job Description & Salary
- Healthcare organizations feature many administrative career options, some devoted entirely to streamlining patient care and increasing efficiency
- One such position is medical and health services manager
- As a medical and health services manager, you'll plan direct and coordinate medical services in a healthcare facility.
5 days ago / 94 People Used See more...
Health Care Management: Bachelor, Associate & Online
Health care management professionals coordinate the medical and health services found in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics and other types of medical facilities. Their specific duties may involve hiring and firing staff members, developing services, managing finances, implementing technology and …
9 days ago / 119 People Used See more...
Health Sciences Degrees: Bachelor, Associate & Online
- As a student in a health science associate's degree program, you can expect to spend 2 years completing academic coursework and studying independently
- Coursework on the following topics is common: Healthcare computer applications
- Medical office administration and billing
6 days ago / 87 People Used See more...
Health & Human Services Careers: Job Description & Salary Info
Based on BLS 2010 data, 37% of professional health educators were employed in the health care industry, as providers and insurance carriers attempt to reduce costs. While 15% of these professionals were employed by religious or civic organizations, employment growth in this sector is projected to increase by 60% from 2010-2020, according to BLS
6 days ago / 118 People Used See more...
Medical Ethics Careers: Job Description & Salary Info
- A Maryland healthcare center seeks an IRB administrator to help develop procedures and policies for human-subject research based on federal regulations
- The person in this position will also make recommendations to achieve regulatory compliance
- A master's degree in science, healthcare or behavioral science is preferred over a bachelor's degree.
9 days ago / 112 People Used See more...
Community Health Worker Careers: Job Description & Salary Info
If you have a degree in health education or promotion and would like to work in a community health setting, you might find positions at government agencies, civic organizations or health care facilities. The following job postings listed in December 2012 can provide a snapshot of the current job market for community health workers:
8 days ago / 122 People Used See more...
Health Information Technology: Career Diploma Description
Health information management has become increasingly important in a booming healthcare industry which is constantly bombarded with an assortment of patient insurance protocols. As a result, more qualified individuals are needed to help maintain patient medical records, including the evaluation and assignment of codes to all health procedures.
8 days ago / 123 People Used See more...
Health Information Systems Careers: Salary & Job Description
- Medical records and health information technicians organize, classify and code health information from various sources
- Healthcare administrators are responsible for coordinating all aspects of medical and health services of a department or facility
- Certificate or associate's degree.
6 days ago / 122 People Used See more...
Health Information Coordinator Careers: Salary & Job
As a health information coordinator, your knowledge of medical procedures, management, business and healthcare law combine to help you maintain accurate and secure records. Job Prospects and Salary As healthcare facilities switch over to electronic records, jobs in health information technology are projected to have faster than average growth.
4 days ago / 111 People Used See more...
Health Information Management Careers: Job Description
Health information managers direct the activities of workers in the medical records and health information departments of hospitals, clinics, physicians' offices and other healthcare facilities. Managers must remain up-to-date on state and federal regulations, maintain patient confidentiality and monitor the quality of medical records.
4 days ago / 132 People Used See more...
Associate Degrees In Health Science: Career Info
An Associate Degree in Health Science program equips students with medical knowledge and healthcare industry insight, preparing them for employment in a rapidly growing job sector. Typical Health Science-related courses include pathophysiology, human anatomy, biology, medical ethics, medical terminology, pharmacology, chemistry and biology
6 days ago / 115 People Used See more...
Health Services Degrees: Bachelor, Associate & Online
Health services specialists plan, manage and execute the delivery of healthcare services in hospitals, physician's offices, nursing homes and home healthcare settings. With a degree in the field, you can embark upon several different career pathways in the diagnostic, clinical, research, informatics or support services areas of health services.
Just Now / 130 People Used See more...
Healthcare Management Degrees: MBA, PhD & Online Course Info
- Studying Healthcare Management: Degrees at a Glance
- People who work in healthcare management typically work in various medical facilities
- Similar to many professions in health and medical services, healthcare management positions will be in high demand over the next decade, due to longer life expectancies and a large, aging baby-boomer generation.
2 days ago / 103 People Used See more...
Health Administration Degrees: Master's, PhD & Online
- Health administration, or health care administration, is the application of business principles to the health care industry
- Within health care services, you can specialize in human resources, marketing and public relations, accounting or information technology
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of health services
4 days ago / 116 People Used See more...
Health Claims Specialist Careers: Salary Info & Job
The demand for healthcare services in the next decade will provide opportunities for trained professionals in the health information field. Evaluate the pros and cons of a health claims specialist career to decide if it is right for you.
9 days ago / 132 People Used See more...
Health Education: Diploma Description
- Physical education and health promotion skills are beneficial to schools, health care practices, and the general community
- Career Possibilities Health Education Occupational Outlook and Demand
- Whether the student's objective is to work in health care or in education, the outlook continues to be favorable for recipients of Health Education
8 days ago / 112 People Used See more...
Behavioral Health Degrees: Master's, PhD & Online Course Info
- Behavioral health is the study of normal and abnormal behavior
- Behavioral health programs are often linked with public health and analyze how factors such as neurology, environment, society and mental health affect human behavior
- Areas within behavioral health include social work, sociology, psychology and …
5 days ago / 130 People Used See more...
Healthcare Data Analyst Careers: Salary Info & Job Description
- A healthcare data analyst is needed by a Maryland health group
- Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree and have at least three years of experience using relational databases
- Responsibilities include researching data from internal and external sources, analyzing that data and preparing management reports focused on care and utilization costs.
4 days ago / 110 People Used See more...
Becoming A Health Compliance Officer: Salary & Job Description
- According to the BLS, in 2014 the average annual salary of a health compliance officer was approximately $70,000
- Overall, median annual salaries of these officers in 2014 ranged from $40,000 - $101,000
- The BLS projects 7% employment growth for health compliance officers between 2012-2022.
9 days ago / 116 People Used See more...
Becoming A Health Records Manager: Job Description
- A behavioral health organization in Arkansas is looking for a manager of medical records with a 4-year degree and 1-3 years of experience
- Job duties include analyzing, coding, managing, and maintaining medical records in compliance with healthcare regulations
6 days ago / 114 People Used See more...
Occupational Health & Safety Degrees: Master's, PhD
- Occupational health and safety careers typically require a bachelor's degree in occupational health, safety or a related field (including engineering and chemistry)
- Some management positions may require a master's degree
- Employers in this field strongly value work experience, so applicants with a combination of educational and professional
4 days ago / 143 People Used See more...
Career Info For Health Services Degrees
- Associate Degrees in Health Science: Career Info
- An Associates Degree in Health Science is a broad degree program that provides students with foundational knowledge of the healthcare industry
- An Associate Degree in Health Science serves as a stepping stone for most students, providing them
7 days ago / 127 People Used See more...
Study Natural Health: Associate, Bachelor's & Online
- Bachelor's degree programs in natural health are typically offered as degree programs in alternative medicine
- These programs typically offer a broad understanding of human health, covering both physiology and psychology
- Oftentimes, they're rooted in science, but offer a holistic approach to healthcare
- Courses are generally a mix of lecture
8 days ago / 139 People Used See more...
Certified Occupational Health Nurse Careers: Salary & Job
- A healthcare provider in New York is looking for an occupational health nurse to care for ill or injured employees
- Other responsibilities of the position include case management, health coaching and safety education
- COHN designation and one year of experience as an RN are required.
9 days ago / 131 People Used See more...
Study Health Services: Master's Degree, PhD & Online
Health services PhD program graduates provide data and analysis with the goals of improving healthcare, saving lives and reducing medical errors. You will conduct research and write reports on various health-related topics, such as the effects of environmental factors on public health, health disparities between different sectors of the
1 days ago / 124 People Used See more...
Information About Herzing University
- While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business, health care, technology, design, and public safety
- It also raised the level of credentials from diplomas to bachelor of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all U.S
- campuses and master's degrees at the Online campus.
5 days ago / 109 People Used See more...
Medical Lawyer Careers: Job Description & Salary Information
- As a medical lawyer, also called a health or healthcare lawyer, you would be an attorney whose work centers on the legal aspects of the healthcare industry
- The table below outlines the most common pros and cons of being a medical lawyer
- High salary (2014 annual median salary was about $114,000)*.
6 days ago / 141 People Used See more...
Health Information Systems Degrees: Master's, PhD & Online
Individuals with Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in health information systems can pursue careers as postsecondary professors or in healthcare IT policy/research. According to the BLS, employment of computer and research information scientists was expected to grow by 19% from 2010 to 2020, while jobs for computer and information managers and
6 days ago / 142 People Used See more...
Health Science Administration Degrees: Bachelor's, Master
Health science administration bachelor's and master's degrees can lead to work in nursing home, medical practice or healthcare management. Get the truth about requirements, courses and career options, and find out what you can do with your health science administration degree.
6 days ago / 153 People Used See more...
Health & Fitness Management Degrees: Bachelor, Associate
- With a bachelor's degree in health and fitness management, you can pursue a career as a coach, physical education teacher, personal trainer or fitness instructor
- The 4-year degree may give you an opportunity to focus on niche areas of fitness - including specific sports or health …
3 days ago / 151 People Used See more...
Study Speech Pathology: Bachelor's Degree & Undergraduate
- Speech Pathology: Bachelor's Degree at a Glance
- Speech pathology entails the study of communication disorders involving cognition, speaking, hearing and language
- The field is also known as 'speech-language pathology' and is usually paired up with audiology, which is …
5 days ago / 154 People Used See more...
Please leave your comments here:
FAQ learningpath.org health
What is healthy really means?
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. These nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals. Nutrition is important for everyone. When combined with being physically active...
How do you stay healthy?
In order to stay healthy, you need to live an active and aware lifestyle. This means getting at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, eating a well balanced diet, and try and reduce stress in your lifestyle. Becoming more active will help with stress levels and eating a well balanced diet will help keep you healthy.
Is your healthy food really healthy?
Is Your Healthy Food Really Healthy? Give your salad a second look. While salads are a great way to get in your daily vegetables, it's surprisingly simple to... Avoid artificial sweeteners. While reducing the amount of sugar in your diet is always a positive move, artificial... Be picky about popcorn. Popcorn can be a great low-calorie snack when you make it at home. More ...
Is being too healthy unhealthy?
Yep, being too healthy can actually be unhealthy . Orthorexia is an obsession with eating a "pure" diet, which can mean avoiding foods with unhealthy fats, added sugar or salt, genetic modifications, artificial colors, or flavors and preservatives.
› La Mission Family Health Care
› Licking Memorial Health Systems
› Lake County Behavioral Health Services
› Liberty Mutual Health Insurance
› Liberty Healthcare Academy
› Lancaster Health Campus Harrisburg Pike
› Life Insurance Beneficiary Laws
› Liberty Healthshare Insurance Provider Portal
› Lake Health Email
› Lancaster General Health Customer Service
› Lincoln Health Clinics
› Liberty Mutual Insurance Actor
› Lane County Public Health Phone Number
› Lewiston Health And Welfare Office