Online Guide To Addiction Treatment For Healthcare
- Addiction treatment for health care professionals is available
- This guide discusses many issues confronting the addicted health care professional and the steps to take to put your life or that of a colleague back on a healthy path
- The Need for Treatment Exists; What is an Impaired Health Care Professional? A Statistical View of the Problem
6 days ago / 77 People Used See more...
Health Conditions And Addiction Recovery Connection
The alcohol and drug addiction may cause the health condition, make the issue worse or impair judgment in situations that could lead to contracting an infection, such as Hepatitis C or HIV. Addiction treatment for people with these chronic health conditions must be multidisciplinary and done in a setting where all healthcare providers are
3 days ago / 55 People Used See more...
Addiction Recovery Guides And Books Recovery Connection
They continue to live in the web of addiction with physical and/or emotional pain. This guide provides a brief overview of the issues facing the impaired health care professional and descriptions of the programs that exist to help the impaired health care professionals move into treatment and recovery.
1 days ago / 54 People Used See more...
Health Care Professional Addiction Guide
- health care professional and descriptions of the programs that exist to help the impaired health care professionals move into addiction treatment and recovery
- We will also address colleague reluctance to intervene
- You can save your life, your family and your license, or the life and career of a colleague, but only if you reach out to get help.
6 days ago / 110 People Used See more...
Recovery Connection: Addiction Recovery Articles And Resources
Recovery Connection is an informative drug recovery blog for people recovering from addiction. Call 866.811.3235 to find addiction help resources near you.
5 days ago / 40 People Used See more...
Recovery Acronyms & Abbreviations List Recovery Connection
There is a wide group of acronyms that counselors and rehab facilities use in addiction treatment to describe levels of care, medications, support groups, online resources, and mental health disorders.This recovery acronyms list is a collection of the different types of acronyms used in addiction treatment.
4 days ago / 50 People Used See more...
Help Others, Just Not In My Neighborhood Recovery Connection
- Health care treatment—mental, physical and social—is more than just doctors’ offices and hospitals
- Addiction treatment is no different
- Many pieces make up the picture of addiction treatment: inpatient, residential, outpatient, sober living homes, 12-step meetings, individual therapists.
5 days ago / 72 People Used See more...
Daniel Montalbano: A Victim Of Our Broken System
- As told to Sherry by Barbara Theodosiou, Founder of “The Addict’s Mom” My son, Daniel Francis Montalbano, passed away in April of 2015, at the age of 23
- Daniel was diagnosed with Co-occurring Disorders: Mental Illness (MI), and Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
- These two deadly disorders are the source of much tragedy and heartache in Read more →
3 days ago / 91 People Used See more...
New Mexico Drug Abuse Statistics Recovery Connection
In 2006, New Mexico’s Department of Human Services published a fact sheet on substance abuse. The report indicated that excessive alcohol use cost an estimated $2.5 billion in lost productivity, health care expenditures, related motor vehicle crashes, criminal justice system costs and social welfare costs.
2 days ago / 91 People Used See more...
Virginia Drug Abuse Statistics, Virginia Drug Overdose
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, in 2009 there were 30,119 people admitted into drug and alcohol addiction treatment facilities in Virginia
- 18-25 year olds are among the largest demographic in Virginia with unmet treatment needs
- In 2008, the last year of published data, 12 million prescriptions were
Just Now / 90 People Used See more...
Frequently Asked Questions For Common Treatment Questions
Health care providers move through an extensive review of the facility grounds, structure of the organization, delivery of services, quality of staff, program philosophy as well as a providers ability to provide services across the continuum of care ensuring that the highest, safest, best quality of care is offered to all who seek help.
2 days ago / 83 People Used See more...
Drug Addiction Treatment Recovery Connection
Accreditation is used industry-wide to ensure that a healthcare facility meets or exceeds best practices and standards. The most significant national accreditation organization is The Joint Commission (JCAHO), whose mission is to “improve health care for the public.” The Joint Commission was founded in 1951 and is a patient advocate.
Just Now / 72 People Used See more...
Recovery From Addiction Glossary Recovery Connection
Humility in the recovery community allows one to change, to admit wrong doing, to take personal responsibility, to develop principles and a standard for living a healthy honest life. Humility enables the addict and alcoholic to ask for help from a Higher Power, the group, a sponsor, or a health care professional when help is needed.
5 days ago / 68 People Used See more...
Glossary Of Addiction Treatment Terms Recovery Connection
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations is an independent, not-for-profit, agency that accredits and certifies health care facilities and programs
- It is a national organization that strives to set high standards of industry care
6 days ago / 70 People Used See more...
Health Insurance Glossary Recovery Connection
- The more you understand health insurance terms, the better your ability to make the right decision involving addiction treatment
- If you have additional questions, not found on this page please call us at 866.812.8231
- Below you will find a comprehensive Health Insurance Glossary: A
- Admissions Consent and Acknowledgement:
3 days ago / 78 People Used See more...
Best Practices In Interventions For Residential Treatment
The Johnson Model was developed decades ago and while it was a great skeleton for us to build from, research and clinical knowledge have evolved just like all areas of health care. This model points the finger at the patient rather than getting the entire family invested in their own individual recovery and family system recovery.
3 days ago / 119 People Used See more...
SAMHSA's National Prevention Week Promotes Education
- SAMHSA’s National Prevention Week Promotes Education & Awareness Mental illness and substance abuse affect millions of people
- According to the 2011 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), 45.6 million adults had a mental illness
- Out of that number, 8 million people met the criteria for a substance use disorder
- Many people go without Read more →
Just Now / 77 People Used See more...
Recovery Resources To Help Prevent Relapse Recovery
- One of those skills, according to Terence Gorski, a leading addiction and mental health professional and academic, is learning to identify and manage the warning signs of possible relapse
- 1 These might include an uptick in arguments at work or at home, feeling lonely or isolated, or being unable to cope with stress
7 days ago / 65 People Used See more...
An Explanation Of Hypnotherapy Recovery Connection
- An Explanation of Hypnotherapy Many people have a general misconception about hypnosis
- They tend to think of the high energy stage performer who jokes around and makes people quack like ducks
- While hypnosis is often used as a form of entertainment at corporate events, night clubs and on cruise ships, true clinical hypnotherapy is a Read more →
Just Now / 79 People Used See more...
Copyright© Recovery Connection
- the health care provider who fills out the FMLA form
- (The contents of this guide are extracted from the different laws and do not reflect every clause within these acts)
- “The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides an entitlement of up to 12 weeks of job-
Just Now / 110 People Used See more...
Top Ten Indicators That You Show Signs Of Codependency
- It is an emotional condition that can destroy a person’s happiness, career, health, and personal relationships
- Research has found that codependency is generational
- It is a way of relating that is learned from the family of origin
- Understanding codependency, the behaviors associated with it, and where it originated is important.
4 days ago / 95 People Used See more...
Kansas Drug Abuse Statistics Recovery Connection
- Learn about the latest Kansas drug abuse statistics
- Get information related to substance abuse in Kansas
- Call 866.811.3235 to contact Recovery Connection today.
8 days ago / 100 People Used See more...
Chronic Pain Disorders & The Relationship With Addiction
Treatment of chronic pain and addiction, alcoholism and mental health problems needs to be provided in a controlled inpatient setting such as a drug rehab center that offers a team of medical and clinical specialists (rather than just counseling). In addition to medical and psychiatric care, the patient will be provided with the emotional
6 days ago / 89 People Used See more...
Texas Drug Use Statistics Recovery Connection
The Texas Department of State Health Services data on treatment admissions showed that in 2013, 12% of all treatment admissions involved the non-medical use of prescription drugs. In a Texas House Committee on Public Health, Interim Report 2014, it was noted that there was a 78% increase in the mortality rate from overdoses for opiate abuse
7 days ago / 101 People Used See more...
Affordable Care Act Means Accessible Rehab For Drugs And
- The ACA means more people will have access to healthcare, and for some, that now means access to addiction treatment
- The Affordable Care Act takes effect in January, but people can begin signing up for insurance October 1
- If you don’t have health insurance, you can get it, without fear of being excluded for pre-existing conditions.
8 days ago / 103 People Used See more...
Drug Recovery Centers Promote Everyday Structure
- Mental health care as part of dual diagnosis treatment; Dialectical behavioral therapy; Cognitive behavioral therapy; Massage therapy; Organized Group Activity
- As the day draws to a close, patients in drug recovery programs might participate in an organized group activity
- On a typical day, this might be a group hike, a musical therapy class
9 days ago / 95 People Used See more...
Helping Baby And Mommy Off Opioids Recovery Connection
In order to provide optimal care for this population of patients, health care providers must treat these women in a caring, non-judgmental way. Opening up the lines of communication There is, however one consistent problem that will make the difference in the woman’s pregnancy and in her unborn child’s first stages of life in utero, and
6 days ago / 93 People Used See more...
Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction, Recovery, And
- Get answers to common addiction questions
- Our FAQ is a compilation of answers on alcoholism, drug addiction, and all things related to addiction
- Call 866.811.3235 to contact Recovery Connection today.
2 days ago / 100 People Used See more...
South Dakota Statistics On Substance Abuse Recovery
- Learn about the latest South Dakota statistics related to drug and alcohol abuse
- Get in depth information related to substance abuse in South Dakota
- Call 866.811.3235 to contact Recovery Connection today.
4 days ago / 113 People Used See more...
What Are Opiates
- An opioid dependence can provoke other health conditions by breaking down the body’s immune system
- The increased tolerance through the extensive use of opiates contributes to life-threatening consequences
- Prevention and recovery include following medical directions and professional supervision.
2 days ago / 102 People Used See more...
What Is Hepatitis C
Hepatitis C is spread through direct contact with infected blood. Sharing needles or straws while using drugs, receiving blood transfusions (before 1992), needle stick accidents among health care workers, having unprotected sexual intercourse, and any other blood-to-blood contact increases the risk of hepatitis C infection.
5 days ago / 96 People Used See more...
North Carolina Substance Abuse Statistics Recovery
- According to the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality (SAMHSA) in 2011, approximately 45% of all admissions to substance abuse treatment facilities were for alcoholism
- North Carolina's Alcohol Fact sheet for 2013 reflected that 28% of alcohol-related accidents were fatal crashes or 324 crashes
6 days ago / 118 People Used See more...
Infographics Category Archives Recovery Connection
- Pregnancy and Addiction Infographic January 31, 2012 Alcoholism and drug addiction destroys lives
- If you are pregnant and using you should seek help from a health care professional now
- The pregnant woman’s body shares everything she consumes with the developing fetus.
8 days ago / 81 People Used See more...
In the event your personal information consists of information about your health, health care and related matters, we will consider same to be Protected Health Information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPPA”) (“ACT”) and disclosures will only be made as you authorize or as authorized under the Act.
Just Now / 84 People Used See more...
How To Find Drug Rehab State Farm Insurance Will Cover
According to Healthcare.gov, marketplace health insurance plans can’t deny coverage or charge more to patients who disclose addiction as a preexisting condition. Furthermore, insurance plans can’t limit lifetime or annual coverage of an essential health benefit like addiction.
7 days ago / 102 People Used See more...
Pregnancy And Addiction
- A drug and alcohol rehab center can provide health care for both you and your unborn child
- The direct impact upon the development of the fetus from alcohol and drugs is profound, from the first few weeks of pregnancy through birth
- This easy to read infographic is divided into groups by drugs of abuse and the effects of the substances upon the
1 days ago / 107 People Used See more...
Are You Safe In Surgery
The problems of addiction affect people in every walk of life, including healthcare professionals, for whom access to controlled substances is easier. It’s easy to pass that off as a subset affected that doesn’t matter to anyone else, but consider the medical professional who feeds his addiction and ends up harming others.
8 days ago / 85 People Used See more...
R.O.A.M.I.N.G. In Recovery: Self Care Tool Guide – Part 3
- Early in my recovery from prescription drugs, I was exploring a variety of holistic modalities that would support me to sustain my recovery through natural and organic solutions
- I continue to use all of these healing modalities every day in my third year of recovery
3 days ago / 121 People Used See more...
Will I Lose My Job If I Go To Rehab
Recovery Connection always recommends going to alcohol and drug rehab before things get worse at work and you lose your job and health insurance. Admitting that you have a problem and then making the decision to go to rehab is the first and hardest step to your recovery from addiction.
Just Now / 99 People Used See more...
Frequently Asked Questions On Recovery, Common Recovery
- The support network can include other addicts in recovery
- such as those who attend 12-Step programs, a therapist or other healthcare professional, or a group of people that have a similar spiritual practice
- These different groups can help the addict handle stress, cravings and triggers.
1 days ago / 111 People Used See more...
Addiction Recovery Blog Articles Recovery Connection
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the average number of addicted babies born each year ranges from 100,000 to 375,000
- In Florida, the Agency of Health Care Administration
7 days ago / 108 People Used See more...
Are You An Alcoholic
- Are You an Alcoholic? Alcohol self-tests are an easy, private way to examine your relationship with the substance
- The differences between alcohol abuse and dependence are determined by a person’s physical, emotion, mental and social relationship to alcohol
- Chances are, if you are wondering if you’re an alcoholic, you might have a problem
5 days ago / 87 People Used See more...
R.O.A.M.I.N.G. In Recovery: Helping Those In Need – Part 1
- In Recovery: Helping Those in Need – Part 1 Recently I had the opportunity to speak and present my story at the very Recovery Center where I began the journey of my own recovery
- As I offered my personal and successful steps of my “Wellness Approach to Addiction Recovery” over the past three years, Read more →
7 days ago / 120 People Used See more...
Online Guide On How To Choose A Drug Rehab Facility
- Call Lakeview Health confidentially at 866.812.8231 24/7
- Our staff is specially trained to help you learn how to choose a rehab facility and start your journey towards recovery
7 days ago / 131 People Used See more...
Rehab For Heroin Abuse Is Possible Through Insurance
Fortunately, if you have a health insurance policy, you may also be eligible for support paying for heroin rehab. Specifics of Insurance Coverage of Rehab for Heroin In 2010, the Affordable Care Act was passed to give patients better access to healthcare under their insurance policies.
8 days ago / 103 People Used See more...
Layperson Access To Naloxone In The Sunshine State: Giving
- Layperson Access to Naloxone in The Sunshine State: Giving Life. Inspiring Hope
- Drug overdose deaths are now the leading cause of injury death nationwide. Opioid overdose can occur, accidentally, from medical use of prescription opioid pain relievers, non-medical use of prescription opioids, and heroin use
- In 2013, approximately 16,000 people in the United States died Read more →
3 days ago / 159 People Used See more...
Please leave your comments here:
FAQ recoveryconnection.com health
What is healthy really means?
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. These nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals. Nutrition is important for everyone. When combined with being physically active...
How do you stay healthy?
In order to stay healthy, you need to live an active and aware lifestyle. This means getting at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, eating a well balanced diet, and try and reduce stress in your lifestyle. Becoming more active will help with stress levels and eating a well balanced diet will help keep you healthy.
Is your healthy food really healthy?
Is Your Healthy Food Really Healthy? Give your salad a second look. While salads are a great way to get in your daily vegetables, it's surprisingly simple to... Avoid artificial sweeteners. While reducing the amount of sugar in your diet is always a positive move, artificial... Be picky about popcorn. Popcorn can be a great low-calorie snack when you make it at home. More ...
Is being too healthy unhealthy?
Yep, being too healthy can actually be unhealthy . Orthorexia is an obsession with eating a "pure" diet, which can mean avoiding foods with unhealthy fats, added sugar or salt, genetic modifications, artificial colors, or flavors and preservatives.
› Robert Gordon Michigan Health Department
› Reynolds Army Health Clinic Radiology
› Rural Health Clinic Medicare Billing
› Rockingham County Public Health
› Rent Home Health Care Equipment
› Roanoke City And Alleghany Health District
› Robert Gordon Michigan Health
› Relayhealth Tricare Patient Portal
› Renown Health Smart Square
› Robert Wood Johnson Foundation County Health Rankings
› Rockingham Harrisonburg Health Department
› Recover Health Janesville Wi
› Recertification Checklist For Home Health
› Radford University Student Health Services